____________________________________________
Woke up this morning and found a fisher cat walking across the front yard. Shannon just stood very still while he was in the driveway. Who has ever heard of a fisher cat? How are Kaitlyn and I supposed to play outside if he is out and about?
This are pictures of a fisher cat on Google, not ones we took. The fisher typically measures between 30 and 41 inches in length, and can grow up to thirty pounds.
Then we were blessed to find out the sand under the swing set is home to about 1,000 hornets/wasps. They like to burrow in the sand, and you can see small holes all over the sand. Joyous. Pest control will be here soon. Then this afternoon as I came home from trying a new salon, I found a dead bat on our doorstep. Animal control just left. This is 3 major pest issues in one day, and a hairdresser that made me look like a feathered princess…make that 4 pest issues. I think I am having a cow. :-)Carrie
_______________________________________________
After 2 years, we are not overly concerned about fisher cats and now know the local minor league baseball team is named after the popular predator. Below we have more pest pictures. Here is a nasty bee Shannon killed on our deck this week. He is huge with a glossy body unlike the regular bumble bees we are used to seeing. You could hear this guy coming from quite far away, and I am glad he is officially terminated.
He burrowed perfect round holes on the deck too. Pest-a-ram-a!
No comments:
Post a Comment