Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do You See What I See?

See that great picture? No you say? That is because we have been without power since Thursday. The house is freezing - literally, and we have no heat or running water. Our camera needs to be charged, but that too requires power so there are no pictures of our adventures.

When the power does come back on, I will hug my toilet and marvel at its flushing ability.

UPDATE!!!!
We were without power, heat, and water for 6 days. We tried to stick it out as long as we could, but finally we had to pack our bags and head for any hotel with a vacancy. One night we were in Concord, NH, and the next night we were 2 hours south in Massachusetts. A little less than half of NH was without power at the start of the storm. By the end of that week, the utility office had police guarding the building because of ANGRY customers. We had our own problems with a frozen pipe in the bathroom, an inch of snow in the attic, and a broken snow blower...again.

Here is a photo from Geoff Forester. I think it captures the downed power lines, fallen branches, and the ice!

By the way, there are a few new posts below. I started them before the power outage but needed the photos to complete them.

And for those of you with inquiring minds, I hugged my toilet.

1 comment:

asholund said...

How are you using the computer? :)